The LA Galaxy striker and Swedish legend turns 38 today. With over 500 career goals to his name he is definitely one of greatest modern day footballers if not the greatest according to him. He has been prolific off the pitch too, as a result of his outspoken nature he has left behind some mind blowing quotes.
Here are 20 of his most memorable quotes.
1. "I was like, 'No way, Zlatan doesn't do auditions'. "I thought 'You either know me or you don't and if you don't know me you can't really want me'."
-On Arsenal wanting him for trials back in 2000.
2. "First I went left; he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog."
- On how he twisted Liverpool defender Stephane Henchoz inside-out.
3. "I don't think that you can score as spectacular a goal as those of Zlatan in a video game - even though these games are very realistic these days."
-FIFA 19 and others are no match for Ibrahimovic.
4. "They're lucky I didn't come 10 years ago because I would be the president today"
-On his impact on MLS
5. "An injured Zlatan is a properly serious thing for any team."
-After being struck down with a calf problem during his time at Barcelona .
6. "I'm not used to winning nothing – it's the first time it's happened to me. I'm disappointed. It's a failure."
-After failing to win Serie A with Milan – the first time he had not taken a league title in eight years.
7. "We're looking for an apartment. If we don't find anything, then I'll probably just buy the hotel."
- At his unveiling as a Paris Saint-Germain player.
8. "It's true I don't know much about the players here, but they definitely know who I am."
- On his move to Ligue 1 in 2012.
9. "We were looking through his playlist in the dressing room -- there was lots of Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers and Selena Gomez. It is nice to know that even David Beckhamdoesn't have good taste in everything."
10. "There was the thought that this would send me into retirement. I sent their entire country into retirement."
- After scoring twice to qualify Sweden for Euro 2016 over Denmark.
11. "I came like a king, left like a legend."
- Zlatan on his PSG departure.
12. "I won't be the King of Manchester, I will be the God of Manchester."
- His response to Cantona's comments that he would be the prince of Manchester.
13. "You can't coach brilliance like that."
- On his goal vs. England in 2012.
14. "I think I'm like wine. The older I get, the better I get."
15. "I don't believe they can change the Eiffel Tower for my statue, even the people behind the club. But if they can, I will stay here -- I promise you."
- On his future with PSG.
16. And there was this famous exchange with a reporter ahead of the 2014 World Cup qualifying playoffs:
Zlatan: "Only God knows who will go through."
Reporter: "It's hard to ask him."
Zlatan: "You're talking to him."
17. "What Carew does with a football, I can do with an orange."
-On John Carew questioning the need for his tricks and flicks in 2002.
18. "At Barca, players were banned from driving their sports cars to training. I thought this was ridiculous – it was no one's business what car I drive – so in April, before a match with Almeria, I drove my Ferrari Enzo to work. It caused a scene."
Zlatan has only ever been one to make an entrance.
19. "I can play in the 11 positions because a good player can play anywhere."
20. "What do you mean, 'present?' She got Zlatan."
- On his ex-girlfriend's engagement gift.