•For newbies, twitter is a microblogging platform that allows you publish Tweets that are 140 characters or less.
•And you can either use it to broadcast interesting information or you could use it to talk to specific people
.•Twitter is also a powerful tool for businesses when used correctly.
Whether your purpose for joining Twitter is interaction or business you will need a good numbers of followers. To be specific it’s also good to get followers who you have similar interests.
Twitter has a great paid ads option which is very effective for acquiring followers, but in this article I’ll only consider free options some of which worked for me.
1. Make a great Bio – Lots of people will look at your bio to decide whether they will follow you or not. Clearly and briefly write about yourself. Don’t forget to include your city or region name to attract local users.
2. When setting up your twitter account upload a profile picture (avatar) of yourself or a logo if it is brand’s account.
3. Follow more people and Follow people who follow you.
4. Mention influential users when relevant. This may help catch their attention, leading them to follow you or even retweet your content.
5. Post engaging, informative content . People only care about themselves. And if you’re going to share something on Twitter, it’s BEST to think about who follows you.
6. Include images with your tweets. Tweets with images receive 18% more engagement than those without.
7. Use relevant hashtags in your posts. Tweets with hashtags get at least 2x more engagement , and will help you attract new followers who are searching for those keywords.
8. Tweet often, but not in bursts. Also try tweeting during peak hours when majority of users are online depending on area you hail from.
9. Be a generous retweeter. The more you retweet, the more likely you are to be retweeted, and the more followers you’re likely to attract.
10. Be inspiring and original – Tweet quotes of inspiration to connect with your followers. Tweet a lot of your own original content.
11. Respond to @mentions – If someone has mentioned you on Twitter, respond to their comments.
12. Ask questions and create polls. This leads more engagement will people who are also likely to follow your account this also increases your exposure.
13. Ask for RT’s To get your tweets retweeted, go ahead and ask your Followers to RT. Asking for a RT gets a 12x’s higher retweet rate, than tweets with no ask.
There you have it, simple tips to get more followers on Twitter. Try them out, and let me know how you do!