Footballers can dazzle people with their skills on the field but when it comes to giving statements they can have an even profound effect on our lives. Managers on the other hand are no different. From Pele to Lionel Messi, below are 20 most inspirational and motivational quotes by football players and managers.
1. "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning." - Pele
2. "You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it." - Lionel Messi
3. "When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success." - Diego Maradona
4. "Every time I went away I was deceiving my mom. I'd tell her I was going to school but I'd be out on the street playing football. I always had a ball on my feet." - Ronaldo
5. "The secret is to believe in your dreams; in your potential that you can be like your star, keep searching, keep believing and don't lose faith in yourself." - Neymar
6. "Winning and losing isn't everything; sometimes, the journey is just as important as the outcome." - Alex Morgan
7. "I just hate losing and that gives you an extra determination to work harder." - Wayne
8. "In football, the worst things are excuses. Excuses mean you cannot grow or move forward." - Pep Guardiola
9. "I once cried because I had no shoes to play soccer, but one day, I met a man who had no feet." - Zinedine Zidane
10. "I don't have enough fingers to count the number of clubs who rejected me. I was ready to give up football, but I went to Belo Horizonte with just the money for an outward ticket for the last trial I had. If I didn't make it, I had no money to return home." - Richarlison.
11. "When I started, I only dreamed of debuting for São Paulo. But the Bible says that God gives more than you ask." - Kaká
12. "I see myself as the best footballer in the world. If you don't believe you are the best, then you will never achieve all that you are capable of." – Cristiano Ronaldo
13. "I'm a very stubborn person. I think it has helped me over my career. I'm sure it has hindered me at times as well, but not too many times. I know that if I set my mind to do something, even if people are saying I can't do it, I will achieve it." – David Beckham
14. "A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly