Date of Birth
9th September 1985
Place of Birth
Source of Wealth
Football & Endorsements
into one of the finest midfielders of the current era, Luka Modric won the 2018
Ballon D’or after stellar performances at the 2018 World Cup and with Real
The four times champions league winner was initially labelled ‘the worst signing of the season’ after a so not impressive debut season with Los Blancos.
Modric joined Real Madrid from Tottenham for a reported fee of $33 million in 2012. He previously played for Dinamo Zagreb before joining Tottenham.
His career greatly soared under the manager-ship of Zinedine Zidane as he forged an integral midfield partnership with Toni Kroos.
Luka Modric Net Worth and Salary
Upon joining Real Madrid in 2012, Modric signed a five year deal worth €5 million per year. The salary was to increase yearly by €1 million after 2012-2013 season.
Modric extended his stay at Santiago Bernabeau by four years in 2014. His 2016 four year extension, further propelled his salary to become one of Real Madrid’s best paid players at par with the likes of Sergio Ramos, Karim Benzema and Toni Kroos.
maestro is one of the best-paid footballers in the world and earns $250,000
weekly at Real Madrid in 2023. His net worth is approximately $75 million.
Luka Modric Early Life, Wife and Family
Modric was born on 9th September 1985 in Zadar, Croatia. His childhood coincided with Croatian war of independence. In 1991 when the war escalated together with his family they were forced to become refugees for 7 years.
It’s during this period that he fell in love with football as it was the only way to escape the reality of war. As child, he was hugely inspired by Zvominir Boban and Francesco Totti.
Although his football career is familiar to the public, he has managed to keep a low profile in regard to his personal life. Modric has been Married to Vanja Bosnic since 2010 with whom he have 3 children – Ivano, Ema and Sofia.
Luka Modric Quotes
- “I have never doubted myself even if others did. I always believed I could get where I am today and thank God this came true”
- “You don’t have to be a giant to play football”
- “You are at the best club in the world and from there you go down” Modric on players who wants to leave Real Madrid
- “These things can make you tougher or can break you. I chose the other way; I chose to become tougher, to create my character” Modric on the influence war had on him
- “To get there you have to be really special – you cannot get there by luck.” Modric on reaching the world cup final
- “It’s difficult to not have him see what I achieved. I always remember him when something big is happening.” On his late grandfather, who was killed during war